Friday 11 November 2011

Live. Laugh. Love.

This weeks Operation Fit and Fabulous mission was to laugh a lot. Laughter is the best medicine, after all! This got me thinking about how much I laugh. Not just a little titter, or a giggle, but a full on laugh-until-your-sides-hurt laugh. I realised I definitely don't laugh enough. With money worries, counting points and exercise minutes, pressure to keep the house clean and tidy and be a good Mum, the time I actually spend enjoying any of it is few and far between!

So what actually makes me laugh? I'd say the number one thing is my gorgeous, beautiful, precious boys. Ollie is four now, and the things he comes out with are priceless. Even his tempers and sulks are absolutely hilarious (although I try not to laugh out loud to those!) And Jake, who is 16 months old is the the most precious, innocent soul. Whether he's pretending to talk on the phone, blowing kisses or grunting like a pig it never fails to make me smile.

This evening, after they'd had their dinner, I left the washing up sitting in the sink, lay a duvet down and spent half an hour rolling around on the floor with them, and being very silly! We did headstands, roly polys, horseback rides, tickled, pretended to be cats and blew raspberries on each others tummies. It was bliss, utter childish innocent horseplay and I forgot everything and just enjoyed them. I laughed, they laughed, and when we'd (Ok, when I'd) had enough, we snuggled on the sofa reading stories and watching IgglePiggle. More than a few chuckles were had, and it made me realise how lucky I am.

So, from now on I am going to put down the dishcloth more often, build more dens, play more games, make more mess (like I need any more of that!) It's not that I don't do all of those things, but there's always something niggling at me while I do. Those niggles go when I laugh.

I live for my boys, laugh with them and love them with all my being. Those three things are more important than a blog post, a pile of ironing or a dirty floor.

Hx

2 comments:

  1. Think of all those activity points you're earning! Fun is always a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great, great idea! Time is worth so much more than any chore that needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete